Musial bobblehead given away earlier this season at #Memphis #Redbirds game. Honors his presidential Medal of Freedom. One of the best bobblehead a I’ve seen.
Cards Against Humanity.
I’m a big fan. Well, I bought this.
It’s great. It hold all of my shit. But it holds something else too.
If you have it, open your box.
You see how I started to tear away at the top of the box there?
Do it carefully.
There’s something in there. What could that be?
There’s a card.
There is a card literally hidden in the top of the box.
But what card?
I fucking love these people.
when i say i hate school it doesn’t mean i hate education and knowledge. it means that i hate selfish and ignorant people there. it means that i hate stress and high expectations. it means that i hate being treated like a shit. it fucking means that i hate feeling like a failure all the time.
Get to Know Me Uncomfortably Well
- 1. What is you middle name?
- 2. How did you get your name?
- 3. What is your birthday?
- 4. What is your zodiac sign?
- 5. What is your favorite color?
- 6. What's your lucky number?
- 7. Do you have any pets?
- 8. Where are you from?
- 9. How tall are you?
- 10. What shoe size are you?
- 11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- 12. What was your last dream about?
- 13. What talents do you have?
- 14. Are you psychic in any way?
- 15. Favorite song?
- 16. Favorite movie?
- 17. Who would be your ideal partner?
- 18. Do you want children?
- 19. Do you want a church wedding?
- 20. Are you religious?
- 21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
- 22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
- 23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
- 24. Baths or showers?
- 25. What color socks are you wearing?
- 26. Have you ever been famous?
- 27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
- 28. What type of music do you like?
- 29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
- 30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
- 31. What position do you usually sleep in?
- 32. How big is your house?
- 33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
- 34. Have you ever fired a gun?
- 35. Have you ever tried archery?
- 36. Favorite clean word?
- 37. Favorite swear word?
- 38. What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
- 39. Do you have any scars?
- 40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
- 41. Are you a good liar?
- 42. Are you a good judge of character?
- 43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
- 44. Do you have a strong accent?
- 45. What is your favorite accent?
- 46. What is your personality type?
- 47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
- 48. Can you curl your tongue?
- 49. Are you an innie or an outie?
- 50. Left or right handed?
- 51. Are you scared of spiders?
- 52. Favorite food?
- 53. Favorite foreign food?
- 54. Are you a clean or messy person?
- 55. Most used phrased?
- 56. Most used word?
- 57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
- 58. Do you have much of an ego?
- 59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
- 60. Do you talk to yourself?
- 61. Do you sing to yourself?
- 62. Are you a good singer?
- 63. Biggest Fear?
- 64. Are you a gossip?
- 65. Best dramatic movie you've seen?
- 66. Do you like long or short hair?
- 67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
- 68. Favorite school subject?
- 69. Extrovert or Introvert?
- 70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
- 71. What makes you nervous?
- 72. Are you scared of the dark?
- 73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
- 74. Are you ticklish?
- 75. Have you ever started a rumor?
- 76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
- 77. Have you ever drank underage?
- 78. Have you ever done drugs?
- 79. Who was your first real crush?
- 80. How many piercings do you have?
- 81. Can you roll your Rs?"
- 82. How fast can you type?
- 83. How fast can you run?
- 84. What color is your hair?
- 85. What color is your eyes?
- 86. What are you allergic to?
- 87. Do you keep a journal?
- 88. What do your parents do?
- 89. Do you like your age?
- 90. What makes you angry?
- 91. Do you like your own name?
- 92. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
- 93. What are you strengths?
- 94. What are your weaknesses?
- 95. Do you have any scars?
2011 I sat and watched as Jason Motte took the mound in Game 7 of the World Series. At this point of the game my brother and I were tearing up. Not only because we were seeing the 2nd World Series win for St.Louis in our life time, but because Jason Motte was the final pitcher.
Our history with Jason goes back to 2006/2007 when Wichita still had the Texas League team. My Dad and Brother and I went to every game Wichita played Springfield that summer.
The way the visitor’s bull pen was set up, you could walk up and talk with the visiting team’s pitchers and catchers as they warmed up.
I will never forget seeing my brother as one of the Cardinal players for a ball hit foul, and he threw it to some other kid. My brother was so sad, Then I heard, he big man, here you go. And takes a brand new ball from the basket and hands it to him. The jersey said 18, one of my favorite numbers. The player after the game signed an autograph on the ball.
The ball read “Jason Motte #18”
Little did we know, he would remember Connor and I two months later when he came back to Wichita.
We went to 14 Springfield v. Wichita games that summer, and Connor and I talked to Jason Motte almost every game. Maybe he didn’t actually remember us, or maybe he did.
I will never forget one game where the weather was getting really scary looking but Connor and I stood and chatted with Jason anyway. Then he said “Hey guys,I don’t want you two getting hurt, I think they are going to call the game here shortly,I will see you guys next game”
Sadly for us, but amazing for him. He was sent up to Mephis for Triple A ball a month later.
Somehow, my Dad got an autograph ball from him in Mephis which read “Jason Motte #55”
The next time I would see Motte would be in St. Louis. I special ordered a jersey with his name on the back. His Rookie Year he was number 60. I wore the jersey to the game with pride. I was pissed when someone told me Motte is the worst pitcher the Cardinals have had. I brushed it off and went to the outfield where I saw two players warming up.
Low and behold Jason was one of them.
I took my jersey off and asked to borrow a sharpie from the lady next to me and started yelling “Jason! Jason! Hey Motte!”
He dropped his glove and ran over. I asked him for an autograph and he said absolutely. I handed him the jersey and he held it for a minute.
Where did you get this? This is awesome. He Signed the number patch on the back of the jersey.
I asked him if he remembered who I was and he said certainly. Whether he remembered me or not, he made my day.
Jason Motte is not only a phenomenal pitcher, he is one of the nicest athletes you will ever meet if you get the chance.
Motte is by far one of my favorite Cardinals ever. I have his rookie jersey framed and a bobble head on my desk of him holding the world series trophy.
Thank you Jason for being you.
Congradts on making it to the majors. I am sure you will never get to read this or remember who me, but just know, you will always have a fan in me and my brother.
Sorry for the Motte posts tonight, I went back and re-read this “letter” I wrote for Jason. I send him a link via Tweet, and not 30 minutes later he responded and said he remembers me and my brother.
He is amazing.